3/12/11

united colors of me...

The title must have thrown you off. Those of you who have seen me know that I live in a largely monochromatic world. The only intelligent choice my wardrobe asks me to make is: the black Pearl Jam t-shirt or the black Led Zeppelin t-shirt? Some days, even life-altering decisions are easy because I see everything in black or white. Other days, even shopping for soap is time-consuming because there is a lot of gray.

But hey, before you pigeon-hole me as some dull old man, reading Tolstoy, attending ballet performances of The Black Swan, smoking cigars, listening to Pink Floyd and poring over the depressing details of life, let me clarify – I love color! I love colorful things, and here’s a list of some of them:

I love colorful clothes dancing in the wind on a long clothesline…
I love rows of colorful houses bordering a pedestrian-filled street…
And there are times when I use colorful language, and I like it…

I love colorful glass bangles on display in a local shop in Nagpur, India…
I love colorful eyes, oh how I love colorful eyes…
And I love (and I own) boxers in many myriad colors…(too much information?!?)

I love colorful cushions resting against the backdrop of a monochrome sofa…
I love colorful Christmas lights even after the holidays are over…
And I love people’s outlooks colored by their prejudices…

Oh and I love jelly beans…

No comments:

Post a Comment